Tuesday, January 4, 2011
+ Band Practice Schedule 2011
Happy New Year!
These is the practice schedule for this year:
Thursdays: Optional Sectionals
If you can be at music room early, Please do your individual practice! Do not sit there and chit chat.
The practices start 30 minutes later than last year. Please be seated and ready by 315pm on Mondays and ready by 215pm on Fridays.
The practices will end promptly and you will be dismissed before 630pm definitely.*******It is less than 100 days away from your SYF*******
Please try to do your sectionals on thursdays for those who can make it.
If you can make it without parent complaint but choose not to attend because you don't feel like coming, then it's a big disappointment.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
+ Band Camp 2010
Congrats on the good and fruitful camp!
Best Ensemble Section 2010: Percussion
First Runner up Ensemble Section 2010: Flute
Second Runner up Ensemble Section 2010: Trombone
Best Overall Section 2010: Clarinet
The certificates will be presented to the flute, trombone and clarinet sections on the next practice.
I hope the ensemble competition will spur you all on to achieve greater heights!
Remember to practice from now till the next practice.
PRACTICE JOURNALS to be handed in next practice!!
Practice with metronome and tuner please!
Have a good break and I look forward to meeting you next practice!
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
+ ALERT TO ALL GRADUATING SECONDARY BAND MEMBERS!
Anderson Junior College will be holding a tune in on the 16th Dec 2010.
All of you are invited to join this us!
IT is an half day event with a range of exclusive events being lined up for you. :)
Guaranteed hell of fun and exciting games based on the theme which will be revealed later! We'll then have a combined band practice involving the sec 4s and AJ band to interact and make some music! We'll all learn together, so don't worry too much! :D
Come join us at AJCSB's tune-in! Please invite your friends over too!
Interested parties may contact Peck Yong (Vice-President) at 93859416.Objective: To allow graduating O level students to experience the environment in AJC and how the band operates.
This is the BEST opportunity for all graduating O level musicians to experience how it's like to be in AJC Band! There will be a whole lot of FUN with games, food, band practice and etc!
So what are you waiting for?
Date: 16 December 2009, THURSDAYTime: 1200 - 1930
Venue: AJC Band RoomPlease contact band president, TzeCin @ 91706823 or vice-president, PeckYong @ 93859416 to register!
Do provide us with the following details:
1.) Full Name
2.) Secondary School you're from
3.) Section you're in
4.) Contact no.
encouraged to bring you own instruments!
However, if you're unable to do so, do inform us and we'll provide whatever we can!IMPORTANT!
Report in dark school based attire. (dark shirt and PE shorts)Things to bring:
1.) EXTRA set of school based clothings to change into
2.) Your own instrumentAddress:
4500, ANG MO KIO AVENUE 6
569843How to get to AJC:By MRT,
Yio Chu Kang (YCK ) MRT - Walk (about 10 - 15 min)By Bus,
Nearest Bus Terminal: YCK Terminal: 13 162 162M 592 593 70 70M 72 76 825 CT8
All Bus Services (reaching Anderson Junior College): 13 162 162M 269 45 851 852 853 853C 86
Bus Stop 1 (alight at Opp. ANDERSON JC bus stop):
* From Ang Mio Kio Interchange: 269 86
* From Bukit Merah Interchange: 851
* From Bukit Batok Interchange: 852
* From Lorong 1 Geylang Terminal: 853
* From Shenton Way Terminal: 162
* From Suntec Convention Center Bus Stop: 162M
* From Upper East Coast Terminal: 13 45 853C
Bus Stop 2 (alight at ANDERSON JC bus stop):
* From Ang Mio Kio Depot: 45
* From Seng Kang Interchange: 86
* From YCK Terminal: 13 162 162M
* From Yishun Interchange: 851 852 853 853C
for location map and other queries. See you then!:D
Saturday, November 13, 2010
+ Band camp packlist
Click for larger image.
5 more days to band camp!!! :D
Saturday, September 18, 2010
+ Secondary One Promotion Test - Theory Results (UPDATED)
Good afternoon to all :)Here are the average scores of the junior's PRACTICAL test :
Name(s) Average Scores
( 100 )
Sarah Phua 74.7 / 100
Jhoanna 80.6 / 100
Venessa 68.5 / 100
Eliza 66.8 / 100
Nantheniel 73.4 / 100
Suzie 57.5 / 100
Sorfina - Not present -
Juliet 70.1 / 100
Sarah Nurhani 73.1 / 100
Jia Qi 63.8 / 100
Daryl 68.2 / 100
Elynna 72.0 / 100
Jared 64.1 / 100
Clara 65.7 / 100
Brendan 70.7 / 100
Julian 74.5 / 100
Keldrick 60.8 / 100
Febbry 59.6 / 100
Nok Wan 65.5 / 100
Thursday, September 9, 2010
+ Secondary 1 promotion test
These are the things that all secondary 1 band members will be tested on, next Thursday.
- Music theory
- Self evaluation
- Practical Test
Blue Ridge SagaSight reading
- Scales: B flat, E flat, A flat, D flat, F (to be memorised)
- Long tones 1a, 1c, 1d
- Concert B flat: Scale pattern 1 & 2, Mini scale & Tonic Arpeggio, Scale in thirds, Interval study, Warm up set 1, option 3, 4 & 5
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
+ BAND STUDY SESSION!!!!
We will be having a band study session on this thursday (12aug)
since there are common test coming up!!
This is what will be happening on thursday:
2.30 to 3.30 - sectionals
From 3.30 onwards, It will be our STUDY TIME :D:D:D
Things to take note:
1. This is a study session, not a playing or fooling around session
2. You are allowed to talk/discuss but please note that there are people that are studying
so please try to lower down your volume
3. You are allowed to study any subject you want
4. Please clear as many doubts you have for that particular subject.
We organize this study session so that if you have any doubts or difficulty, there will be a friend/senior there to help :D
5. Please bring at least a textbook/worksheet etc for you to study, don't come empty-handed
6. Please note that the sectionals as well as this study session are OPTIONAL
7. You are allowed to leave whenever you need to leave
8. I will confirm with you the classes that we will be studying at by that day itself
9. Lastly Sec1-4 band members are welcome to this study session :D:D
Band, please make good use of this study session and do well for your common test :D
ok that's all.